Re: Amaya bombs out in Win95

Dr Jacques Steyn wrote in message ...

>BTW I agree with Mario Alves that Amaya should focus on being a browser
>-- and a proper one. Forget about your authoring service.

The notion that "everybody can be a publisher" is fundamental to the Web
and has been there from day one: Tim Berners-Lee's first NextStep browser
was also a GUI editor. I agree with you that Web apps should be fast but
what we can show with the latest Amaya is that by using an optimized HTTP
protocol stack, editors don't have to be slow nor do they have to break
the "browsing" mode of users.

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen, W3C