Re: question about ARIA in HTML 5 spec text - implied use on elements not listed

Hi Ian,
can you tell me whether the restrcitions you have placed on the use of ARIA
roles, states and properties on html elements are for authoring conformance
purposes only or are you expecting browser vendors to implement these
restrictions as well?

regards
stevef

2009/8/22 Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>

> On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> >
> > hi Ian
> > Is it implied that any elements not listed here [1] can have any any ARIA
> > roles and properties?
> >
> > [1]
> >
> http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#annotations-for-assistive-technology-products
>
> My understanding based on the e-mail I used to write the text that's there
> already:
>
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/0962.html
>
> ...is that that is the case, yes. However, since I had no normative text
> to reference, I have no idea if what ARIA eventually says will make this
> text work or not, and it might need more changes. (That's why I didn't
> want to do it until I had text to reference, but I realised I was wasting
> more time arguing about whether it was the right time to write this than I
> would waste later fixing the spec once we had the normative text for which
> I was waiting.)
>
> --

with regards

Steve Faulkner