Re: question about ARIA in HTML 5 spec text - implied use on elements not listed

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Steven Faulkner wrote:

> Hi Ian,
> can you tell me whether the restrcitions you have placed on the use of ARIA
> roles, states and properties on html elements are for authoring conformance
> purposes only or are you expecting browser vendors to implement these
> restrictions as well?

The other responses on this thread accurately described the intent of the
spec.

Regarding exposing the outline properly, I meant to ask about that in:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1130.html

...but apparently forgot to do so, so let me do that now:

How should I expose the documento outline (with implied sections, headings
of various outline depths, etc) using the implied ARIA semantics mechanism?