Re: [AAPI] role=""

Btw, I didn't find any allusion in ARIA implementation guide to the
rule "remove readonly state bit coming from native markup once ARIA
role is used and there is no aria-readonly attribute" we follow in
Firefox implementation. This rule might have sense but it sounds it's
reasonable not to spread it to roles having no mapping to AT API role.
Concerning initial question I think empty role should be treated as
role attribute would be absent.

Alex.