RE: [AAPI] role=""

Makes sense.

-----Original Message-----
From: wai-xtech-request@w3.org [mailto:wai-xtech-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of David Bolter
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 11:13 AM
To: Victor Tsaran
Cc: wai-xtech@w3.org
Subject: Re: [AAPI] role=""

Sorry to reply to myself.  I feel compelled to connect more dots here.
What generally happens is that for unknown roles (e.g. "",
"gargleblaster"), Firefox does not expose the state readonly (assuming
interactivity), which is a state at least one screen reader uses to
decide whether or not to create a virtual buffer (create if readonly).

cheers,