Re: acceptable fallbacks [was: Re: Is longdesc a good solution? ...]

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 3:37 AM, Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> wrote:

> I put the "Please upgrade" stuff in there to emphasize that the content of
> the <video> element is not accessibility fallback but legacy browser
> fallback. Per spec, the text about upgrading is not rendered in
> <video>-supporting browser regardless of user's disability.

My browser is perfectly capable of running audio and (through plugins) video.

I choose to turn them off most of the time.  I will make that same
choice when they are "video" rather than "embed" or "object".

Are you saying that I should stop getting those annoying upgrade
pages, or that I should stop getting any warning at all of missed
content?

-jJ