Re: Mailing list archives: feeback requested on proposedimprovements (2: view)

le jeu 28-03-2002 à 14:19, Ian B. Jacobs a écrit :
> > Good question. Maybe Al will be able to give more input on that.
> > Interestingly, it looks like this usage of <map> is not considered good
> > anymore:
> > http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wai-gl-tech-issues.html#group-bypass
> > "A further conclusion is that we do not want to recommend the MAP element
> > as a way to group links since it is a non-standard use of the element."
>

> That's unfortunate that the WCAG WG concluded that after:
>
>   1) That proposal being integrated into HTML 4.01, and
>   2) A fair amount of time spent in the UAWG trying to meet the need
>     of recognizing MAP as navigation markup.
>
> I have not been party to the discussion in the WCAG WG, but I'm
> a little disappointed to hear that now they're unrecommending what
> is not *yet* standard practice but might have been.

Well, there might not a real problem here: the date of the resolution
(April 2000 HTML Techniques module is updated) is anterior to the date
of the actual document (November 2000).

In any case, some clarification would be useful here :)

Dom
W3C's Webmaster
mailto:dom@w3.org