Re: Definition: Operating Environment

Ian,
The UA may support technologies like CSS which would allow for greater
styling of elements that receive focus and selection.  The current drafts
seem to limit the styling of these elements to what you can do with the
operating environment.  I believe it was the intention of the working group
that CSS styling effects should be available for 10.2 and 10.4 if the user
agent supported CSS styling.

I also think that in some operating systems like UNIX there are few, if any
conventions.   The user agent then becomes the convention for which other
capabilities can be based.

Jon