Re: Comments on no-consensus priorities

At 11:14 AM 18-11-98 -0600, Paul Adelson <paul.adelson@citicorp.com> wrote:

[snip]
>[Technique: 4.1.15] When new windows or user interface components are
>spawned, allow the user to override author-designated changes to window size.

>     Strong vote for native. Much easier to implement natively than
>     through a third party. Can lead to sever loss of accessibility when
>     a spawned window covers a needed accessibility aid on the screen,
>     or moves some interface objects off the screen because the window
>     is larger than the screen, for someone using a headwand

Agreed. Using a headwand instead of a mouse, or every 2 hands, I lack the
flexibility to timely deal with new elements.

[snip]
>[Technique: 5.2.5] Keep track of the user's point of regard in each view
>and put it within the viewport when the user returns to the view.

>     Native.

Agreed.

>[Technique: 5.3.3] Allow users to be prompted before spawning a new
>window.

>     Native.

Agreed. For a month I've turned allow new window Off in Opera as an
experiment to see what impact spawning had on my Web experience. I was even
amazed myself how much easier it is to work with no spawning. Using Page
Back & Next is very much more effective [grin]

Regards,
Bryan

-> Life is a beta test. We mustn't let software companies add unnecessary
quizzes!