Re: SMIL: Authoring question

The document format is a gl issue, but I think we want clear understanding
of the preferred document format if we want SMIL players to be able to
reposition and control formatting of captioning information.
I assume the author could hard code  the captioning information into the
video stream, which would not allow it to be repositioned or reformatted.
Is this true?  Or do I not understand the SMIL format?

Jon