RE: Accessible eLearning

Hi,

On the digital publishing side of this topic, the work at idpf.org is most
relevant. The EPUB 3 Standard is based on the open web platform.

DAISY Consortium has received a Google Impact Challenge grant to develop a
baseline for accessible  digitally published materials, and of course we are
building on the work of WAI. We have also been asked to develop a mechanism
for certification. While we just kicked off the grant on February 24 & 25 at
the EPUB for Education summit, we have the rudaments of an informational
website at
http://www.inclusivepublishing.org

Oh, and you should check out epubtest.org where we are testing reading
systems for their accessibility and other things. We have our first reading
system from VitalSource that scorred 100% for fundamental accessibility.

Best
George

George Kerscher Ph.D.
-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.
Chief Innovations Officer, DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Senior Officer, Accessible Technology Learning Ally Together It’s Possible
http://www.LearningAlly.org
President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
http://www.idpf.org
Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)
http://www.imls.gov
Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the
W3C
http://www.w3c.org/wai
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Cell:+1 406/544-2466