Re: Allowing font size changes

Hi Mitchell,

RE the question about enlargement beyond 4x in the browser

Some reasons for this

it is much easier than a magnifier
no panning (very confusing to some) if page is done right
some people do not have magnifiers
some people cannot grok magnifiers
not always on a computer that has one

There is always the question of how they put the URL in there in the first place — but there are solutions (and we have one big one we are working on — GPII) where the person just plugs in a USB and everything is configured for them — or it automatically takes them to a page from which they can navigate to others.  But having the pages be responsive and allow text zooming over 4x  would be needed by many.

it is imperative that we remember the range of people who need to be able to use the internet — and it includes many who can barely use technology - and can’t master complicated (but powerful) AT — or even what we think of as simple AT  (but is not really)

Gregg