RE: Alternative validation tools.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Tim wrote:

> This actually brings up a good point.
>
> With all the time that is spent on great open source "free for all"
> products on sites such as SourceForge, what do list members actually
> think is the reason that no large scale "open-source" accessibility
> validation tool exists.

Tidy would be the nearest as of now.

I'd be very happy to open up AccessValet if I could find a sponsor for
it.  Or some other way to pay the bills.

> By this I mean a tool that is developed in the true open-source way -
> not by a for profit or not-for-profit organization, but by developers
> not even connected geographically.

We have a developer community into which that would fit nicely.
The W3 Validator IRC channel is our main meeting space - dealing
with a range of tools centered on but not limited to v.w.o itself.

--
Nick Kew