RE: Alternative validation tools.

On Fri, 20 Dec 2002, Tim wrote:

> With all the time that is spent on great open source "free for all"
> products on sites such as SourceForge, what do list members actually
> think is the reason that no large scale "open-source" accessibility
> validation tool exists.

probably because there needs to be enough folks interested in a project
before it is done...accessiblity validation is apparently a project that
is either low priority or of low interest in the community.

 probably one of the major drawbacks of open source at this time is the
lack of business software which is a catch 22, folks don't use open source
because the lack of business software and business software isn't written
because there are so few useres

heck it wasn't until just recently that we got decent open source
accounting software.....

Bob

> By this I mean a tool that is developed in the true open-source way -
> not by a for profit or not-for-profit organization, but by developers
> not even connected geographically.
>
> Tim

    NO HTML/PDF/RTF in e-mail                   accessys@smartnospam.net
above. If you are not the intended recipient, Please notify the sender as
soon as possible. Please DO NOT READ, COPY, USE, or DISCLOSE this
communication to others and DELETE it from your computer systems.  Thanks