Re: CSS Questions

At 6:59 AM +0000 2/6/02, David Woolley wrote:
>  > I think CSS1 should be given up on, since CSS2 supercedes it. The most
>
>I think what people mean when they say that CSS1 isn't implemented
>fully is that CSS1 features that are also in CSS2 are not yet implemented.

Correct. Part of the problem though is that I hear other people -- not
you, David -- talking about "CSS1 browsers" and how they won't even
use any "CSS2" until "CSS1 is supported."  That's not likely to happen
because the division of "CSS1" as a subset of "CSS2" is pointless and
meaningless at this point.

It's a point I stress in my (forthcoming) book -- the difference between
CSS1 and CSS2 is less important than the difference between "correctly
implemented by the browsers" CSS and "unsupported" CSS. It doesn't
matter where it was defined (as long as it _was_ defined) -- what
does matter is (a) how do you use it properly, and (b) what happens if
you use it properly? (I.e. is there browser support?)

--Kynn

Next Book: Teach Yourself CSS in 24       http://cssin24hours.com