RE: General Comment re Guidelines/Discussion

If you choose to use both at the same time, you create an additional
usability risk.
Assume for a moment that your choice in font size and face presents a
readability issue. For example, lets say it's Times Roman and it's set to
-3.
It is hardly reasonable to expect an average reader to use the browser
agent's font size/face changing ability to fix your screwup.
I would suggest that expecting an average reader to change the fonts and
then turn off a style would be sadistical. That would be way beyond the
ability or desire of the average surfer.