Re: SCOPE takes element type ... or ID?

From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 06:00:23 -0400 ()
To: Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net>
cc: HC team <w3c-wai-hc@w3.org>
On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Al Gilman wrote:

> I have to admit I had been wondering about a variation on SCOPE
> which would take an ID [or IDs?] as its value.  This would let it
> refer to a column group it doesn't fall within (as in the case of
> diagonally placed headers) or specify an outer column group when
> it falls within a nest thereof.  I think that this lets it
> identify anything that it can now, designating container element
> types.

The axes attribute already provides this flexibility -- specifying
the location of a cell in the n-dimensional space described by the
headers, while axis is used to group headers for a given axis.

Do we really need another mechanism?

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2984 (or 2521) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)