Re: Testability of Animation from interactions Issue 18

On 14/01/2017 16:11, Detlev Fischer wrote:
> Good point. That parallax scroll would be too specific for an SC is
> true - one could extend the requirement to any user-initiated
> animation that affects the entire viewport (or a large part of it)

So just the whole viewport, and not "1/3 of the viewport"?
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/18#issuecomment-272346989

> whether it is nauseous shifts, swirls, wobbles, colour changes or
> some other brainchild of the inventive front end designer. My attempt
> would be to set this class of animation apart from another class
> focussing on specific 'elements' (changing shape or position when
> focussed or moved, disappearing in an inverted Aladdin's lamp fashion
> in some location, etc). That might alleviate the need to talk about
> the size of the area affected,

Though you're talking about the entire viewport, so you ARE specifying a
size.

>  which in the absence of further
> information on the  nature of the movement seems inconclusive.

But agree, would like to see some empirical evidence of different types
of animations and how they can be disruptive/problematic.

Patrick H. Lauke