Re: Testability of Animation from interactions Issue 18

I guess I identified 3 things that I'd like to explore:

(1) A definition of "Significant" (Is the test case a definition?)
(2) It is a major requirement on the modern web which is full of animation,
so we better be ready to defend it, it requires designers to change
designs, marketing to carve out space for a button on the "above the fold"
etc...
(3) minimal research available on triggering characteristics such as
(length of exposure, speed, provocation, time of day, etc.)

We have several people sharing their experience which is helpful... I know
someone who shares Nat's experiences,and I've been talking with them about
our exploration which she thinks would be helpful...  but I would like more
information for such a large requirement...

There may be times when animation is helpful... for instance a long home
page on a website, and the author wants people to scroll down. The
automated scroll lets them know they are moving to a place on the same
page, rather than another page, so it helps distinguish an in page link
 (href=#...) from an regular link (href=http://...)

It will cause many web sites to have to create a gear icon, or another
button in addition to a "Pause" button on a carousel. One big thing is how
to create a button that doesn't eat expensive real estate, that is easily
understood. Is there an icon that people with vestibular disabilities would
have? DO you say on the button on the $50Million above the fold part of the
page <button>Stop all animation on this site</button>?

those are my concerns...

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*