Re: Resize content - questions remaining

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2017 15:06:49 +0000
To: David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
CC: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
>  the question we'll be asked is whether this can apply to other non W3C technologies, If the CSS pixel think is in glossary definitions we can make conversions in the glossary for other technologies as they appear

I was thinking along those lines, we could add to the definition [1] something like: Native (or other?) platforms have a concept of device independent pixels, which are equivalent to CSS pixels.

I’m wary of trying to use “device independent pixels” in SC text simply because it’s very long. CSS Pixels are the best measure we have for how large something will appear to your eye, and we need some measure of sizing…

I’m glad someone agrees with raising the level of an SC, any objections to this very constrained change?

Cheers,

-Alastair

1] https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG21/#dfn-css-pixel