RE: Is Java Web Start covered by WCAG?

From: Alastair Campbell [mailto:acampbell@nomensa.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2017 1:30 PM

Well, most connections are now over httpS, and behind the scenes that is becoming http2, so it doesn't work from that point of view.
[Jason] I agree, and it obviously depends on whether you treat HTTP as including all of the variants (whether TLS is used or not, whether it's HTTP 1.1 or HTTP 2, etc.).

I'm less certain of this but i believe that a lot of video is delivered by UDP or RTSP, have you checked to see if a particular video is covered by WCAG based on the protocol it uses?

[Jason] This is a good point. If the video is embedded in an HTML-based Web page, then whether the Web page conforms or not presumably depends on whether or not the video conforms, so it's covered. However, if (assuming this is possible) it's linked to rather than embedded, then it's more of a separate resource and questions arise.
> If we want to widen it for future versions that is another matter... but as far as clarity, the definition of web page is very clear in the standard. It says exactly what the working group  intended it to say.

And there are plenty of people who can't work out what that means anymore..
[Jason] I agree there are issues; I agree the definition should be widened (we have an open issue on that question).

Thank you for your compliance.