Re: Adapting Text proposals for next week's survey. (was Re: Adding Greg L's Adapting Text proposals to the Wiki in anticipation of a vote between J&K and H&I)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 03:53:35 -0500
To: Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>, David MacDonald <david100@sympatico.ca>
Cc: GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Gregg,

Thank you for your patience. You wrote:

just replace  IT with what IT means.

Can you suggest text that everyone can live with?

I don’t have the language in front of me — but what do you mean by IT?
Just put that in place of the word

It means override text styles. So maybe it could read something like:

"If the technology being used has the ability to override text styles, text
styles of the page can be overridden without losing essential
<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#essentialdef> content or functionality as
follows:" Then list the bullet points.

Does that work?

Kindest regards,