RE: normative issues to close

Hi Bruce,

Feels funny since I just saw you downstairs.

You make a good point.   These were meant to describe what we were doing
more or less - but at this point they look more definite than they are.
What puts something into one level or another is a very complex mix of

-          Impact on disabilities (absolute barrier that can't be overcome
by AT for example)

-          applicability across websites

-          Do-ability across websites

-          Impact on appearance of default page presentation

-          Effort

-          Support

-          Etc

Perhaps we should just say

*         Level 1 success criteria:

1.      Achieve a minimum level of accessibility

2.      Can reasonably be applied to all Web resources.

*         Level 2 success criteria:

1.      Achieve an enhanced level of accessibility

2.      Can reasonably be applied to all Web resources.

*         Level 3 success criteria:

1.      Achieve additional accessibility enhancements for people with
disabilities.

2.      Are not necessarily applicable to all Web resources.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center