RE: Reworking 1.1

Hi John

- I personally have no problem putting 'at least" back in.    I think we had
consensed at a previous teleconf call to remove the 'at least' from the old
one - but I like it - and since it doesn't require more - I would like to
put it in here.

- re the hurricane,  there are a thousand datapoints all being presented
visually and simultaneously and changing from one moment to the next. If
they were all described it would be so much data as to be incomprehensible.
Now different conclusions or observations can be drawn from it - but they
are not what is being presented.  They may be in the text already and the
data are being presented to back it up.   Hmmmm.   Sort of like an
orchestra.   Describe what an orchestra sounds like in real time.   Or even
delayed.  You can't present the rich multifaceted sounds.   You can describe
parts of it - but we don't and can't ask for a text equivalent of it.   Now
think of something that isn't music but is that complex a sound.  Maybe
listening to a complex machine or multifrequency sound imaging.    What is
the text equivalent.

I do like the "at least' idea.   I would like to see people write up what
they can.  But I don't think we can ask at level 1 that they provide a text
alternative.   I don't know how to do it.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center