From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Christophe Strobbe
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 3:40 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: link DEFINITION

Hi Gregg,

At 09:03 22/02/2006, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
Our definition of LINK is more than a definition.

It also includes judgments as to what the SC means.

Can we think of a way to qualify this so we don't have to say this in the
definition?

Maybe use  "User Links"   or  "hyperlink"  or something

Here is what we have

link

hyperlink between the current document and a single destination.

NOTE: "Link" refers to a single "arc" in the XML Linking Language (XLink)
Version 1.0 specification.) Only links that are available to be activated by
the user need to meet accessibility requirements. This excludes links that
are activated automatically or programmatically.

Unless I overlooked something, the term 'link' is not used in the success
criteria (November 2005 public draft or 17 January 2006 internal draft).
SC 2.4.5 uses the term 'programmatic reference', and the thread that started
at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2006JanMar/0043.html tried
to find a more readable term. 'Hyperlink' was seen as to closely associated
with HTTP; but 'hyperlinks and other programmatic references' was also
suggested.

Regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Document Architectures Kasteelpark Arenberg 10 - 3001 Leuven-Heverlee -