Re: BIG ISSUE -- re Delivery Units

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 10:59:57AM -0500, Tim Boland wrote:

> The definition of "authored unit" from Device Independence Glossary [1] is:
>
> "Some set of material created as a single entity by an author. Examples include
> a collection of markup, a style sheet, and a media resource, such as an image
> or audio clip"
As I remember, one of the problems in the WCAG context was that some of the
success criteria had to apply to the units delivered to the user agent, rather
than those created by the author.

The materials created by the author may be split up, combined with others in
various ways and transformed by server-side processes before ultimate delivery
to the user-agent. As I remember, it was decided that WCAG guidelines should
apply to what was sent out to the user-agent rather than to whatever form the
content was in when created by the author.