RE: 3.2.4 edit?

Yes

You asked
> Is not a "set of pages" (or a whole domain) what is being scoped in a
conformance claim?  For the purposes of applying WCAG 2.0, how is this not
effectively "all content"?

But you don't need to have every component in a whole site be exactly the
same.  Just in a set.

Also - the rule doesn't limit its scope to your scope.  The way you wrote it
it was to all content.  Not just content within a claim.

> Can you give me a counter example of where it would be appropriate for an
image to have one meaning on one part of a web site and a different purpose
elsewhere on the site?
Hmmmm example.
The stop sign is used in one location to indicate the control for marking
something as not done.        In another it is used to mark things that are
forbidden or don't work.    A site may have a hundreds of thousands of pages
and thousands of authors.   Requiring that they all do things exactly the
same is not realistic or possible.

Help?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.