From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Loretta Guarino Reid
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 12:07 PM
To: WCAG
Subject: Technology-specific techniques

Many of our techniques take the form

<current>
Providing XXXX using a technology-specific technique listed below </current>

I believe we need to change the wording to something like

<proposed>
Providing XXXX using a technology-specific technique listed below for a
technology in the chosen baseline </proposed>

That is, I want us to be able to list sufficient techniques for all
technologies. But I want it to be explicit that sufficient techniques need
to come from the baseline.

Perhaps we should also add an optional technique to all success criteria:
   Providing XXXX using a technology-specific technique for a technology
that is not in the chosen baseline