From: John M Slatin [mailto:john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu]
Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2003 9:30 AM
To: Ben Caldwell; gv@trace.wisc.edu; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: REF 2.4b - a second required success criteria

Other things that people who can see pages basically ignore and that people
who use screen readers would *like* to be able to ignore are header materils
(with or without links) that appear at the top of each page-- this can be
especially important if the header material includes one or more Flash
movies, as seems increasingly common.

John

John Slatin, Ph.D.
Director, Institute for Technology & Learning
University of Texas at Austin
FAC 248C
1 University Station G9600
Austin, TX 78712