RE: local copies of WAI logo

I realize I'm using list bandwidth for what may seem to be a micro-issue,
but there's at least one company that's genuinely concerned that they do it
right, and they want to see permission to copy the logo it in e-writing,
not just hear my opinion (or anyone's personal opinion for that
matter).   We don't want discourage any other companies from using the logo
just because they don't want to reference images on another server,
especially companies as careful as this one.

So, my corrected proposal is that we follow the example of the w3c
validator and
we issue an erratum that allows people to use local copies of the
compliance logos.

Do most people agree and can the others live with that?

(I'll also happily accept a bilateral dictatorial decision from the chairs
<grin/> )

Len