RE: SVG Plugin from Adobe

At 05:55 AM 12/20/2000 , Bailey, Bruce wrote:
>Kynn,
>Assuming you're doing this on a windoze IE machine...
>Right click on the image, select "zoom-in" from the pop-up palette.  Repeat
>as desired.  Pretty cool, no?
>I am not sure how one would increase the canvas size.

Wait, I'm confused.

If someone uses SVG for navigation on their site -- say, as
navigation buttons containing textual information -- they have
to right-click on each image and choose "zoom in" to blow up
the image, but it is still constrained by the size of the
original graphic??

That's not at _all_ what I was hoping for.  I was hoping for
the benefits described by members of this list, which state that
this is a boon to accessibility by people who have low vision.

I have not seen anything to that effect, and in fact it's pretty
useless for such a purpose!  I can't imagine why you'd have to
right-click on every single graphic on a page in order to see
it correctly (but in a tiny "window" space!) -- shouldn't it resize
according to my browser text size preferences??

I can only assume that I've done something very wrong in how I have
installed SVG support in my browser, as none of the supposed
benefits of SVG are evident to me.  I can't imagine anyone claiming
_this_ as an accessibility benefit, so I guess I screwed up somewhere!

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                    http://kynn.com/
Director of Accessibility, Edapta               http://www.edapta.com/