Re: Reason Clause (Was RE: Checkpoint 2.3)

I agree absolutely. But I would like to see the final rationale information
included n the Techniques document (with perhaps a brief summary per
guideline in the Guidelines document).

Charles McCN

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000, Bailey, Bruce wrote:

  [snip]
  > Hmm...  I am beginning to believe that we should standardize each
  > checkpoint with a <benefit>...</benefit> section which would define
  > what exactly each checkpoint does.  I very much like the way how you
  > have been presenting the usefulness of each, which also helps with
  > increased perception of the _need_ for each checkpoint.
  >
  > This means that for each checkpoint now we would have to insert a
  > "reason" clause.  I think that's doable and in fact I think it is
  > mandatory.  Should this be a separate discussion about document
  > structure and format?
  [snip]

  This would, IMHO, be most welcome.  There are a few check points I would
  love to see the rational for!

September - November 2000:
W3C INRIA, 2004 Route des Lucioles, BP 93, 06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France