RE: General Exception for Essential Purpose

At 09:00 AM 10/30/00 -0500, Bailey, Bruce wrote:
>This really nails it! [the "just say 'no' to image-text" diatribe in my

Not quite! Charles' "I think the problem is about having binary encoding
mechanisms that produce a fixed presentation" is a more general statement
of what the guideline should really be about.

Abstraction/generalization is vital to 2.0 and I think he's found a key to
doing that in which "images" are only one aspect. The more general
statement should be the guideline and images but one example. The principle
is the old "allow no barriers 'twixt content and user" statement.

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE