Re: Math and Science

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> I think we identified someplaces where a discussion of including
> Mathematical content could be included within the Guidelines document. I
> still don't see a Guideline which relates to Math. Maybe a Checkpoint.

I don't see any reason to single out "Math" and "Science" in
the Guidelines. What particular accessibility issues do they raise?
What distinguishes those subjects from Architecture or Philosophy
or Art History?

I could see adding a checkpoint to the guidelines that reads
something like:

 "Where it's possible to mark up content (for example
  mathematical equations) instead of using images,
  use a markup language."

Then, in the techniques document, one could talk about
using MathML to mark up math content.

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)