RE: Image alt in WAI process intro

Shawn asked:
> Right, so... what would *you* recommend for these particular images on
this particular page?

I would recommend null alt text for the images adjacent to the five
milestones. These have been provided as visual cues, and are purely
complementary to the discussion beside them. The particular images used
and their colours are not important.

This is similar to the rationale for why we have null alt text on the
image of the magnifying glass adjacent to the "search" link.

Regards, Andrew
Dr Andrew Arch
Manager Online Accessibility Consulting
Vision Australia - Accessible Information Solutions
Ph. +61 (0)3 9864 9282; Mob: 0438 755 565
http://www.visionaustralia.org.au/ais/

<< ella for Spam Control >> has removed 2600 Spam messages and set aside
2012 Read Later for me
You can use it too - and it's FREE!  www.ellaforspam.com