SV: EOWG: Reading and Agenda for 11 August 2006 Teleconference

I have a few comments (hope you have not discussed this before as I've been
absent for a while)
I think this is a very important document to people from other countries
with maybe less knowledge of W3C/WAI.
I appreciate not using the 101 in the title as it makes no sense in this
part of the world (I’ve discussed with colleagues who translate books in
technical and psychological subjects and they say: “never use 101 for
introductions”).
I think the section:
Document stages to a W3C Recommendation should be moved up. Readers might
not see it if they don’t want to know about getting involved they want to
know about the process for a document to become a W3C recommendation. In the
introduction we talk about the process and then the first 2 sections talks
about the different types of documents and how to get involved. I suggest
that we change the order (apologies if this has been addressed and solved in
the last calls)
In the first part I have problems with the sentence:
“This page, the Overview pages linked in the list above, and most of the
other pages in the WAI Web site are WAI Resources.”
I had to read it several times to understand especially the insert “the
Overview pages linked in the list above” took me a long time to figure out
it is an example of WAI resources. Maybe it’s easier to understand if we
just take it out: “This page, and most of the other pages in the WAI Web
site are WAI Resources.” Maybe add it as an example at the end of the
sentence?
“This page, and most of the other pages in the WAI Web site are WAI
Resources.” (As the Overview pages linked in the list above).
In 2. Last Call Working Draft:… I would like to have a sentence about
sending comments like in 1. Working Draft:… Comments received now are most
easily addressed. Maybe saying that comments are less easily addressed but
they can still be submitted.
Cheers
Helle

Helle Bjarnø