W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > January to March 2006

RE: AUWG Concall February 20, 2006

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:58:59 +0100
To: "'Jan Richards'" <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>, "'List \(WAI-AUWG\)'" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <039d01c63a45$f0176fa0$2201a8c0@rsnbiwa>
Hi,
I've updated the checklist.
http://www.robertoscano.info/files/atag20/full-checklist.html

It's also attached here.


-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Jan Richards
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 10:50 PM
To: List (WAI-AUWG)
Subject: AUWG Concall February 20, 2006



AUWG Con Call
Monday, February 20, 2006
4:00 pm EST

Attendees

Barry Feigebaum (BF)
Greg Pisocky (GP)
Jan Richards (JR) Today's Chair
Roberto Scanlon (RS)
Jutta Treviranus (JT)

Action Items indicated by AI:

New Topic discussion prior to regular agenda:

Relationship between ATAG and AJAX and other content technologies that are
rich, web apps with the look and feel of desktop apps.

BF: I know about AJAX,

JR: How this began, a user agent session on AJAX, because there is concern
about the accessibility of rich internet applications for technologies such
as AJAX allow. There should be a flow through effect.

BF: A major part of AJAX dynamic HTML meaning GUIs that reconfigure
themselves based on events. All of this is created by dynamic Javascript.
It's not the content but derivative of the execution of the content. The
other dimension of AJAX is the dynamic nature of fetching new content.
Continuously going back to the server and getting new web page content in
chunks as needed. The user agents don't have any way to notice that any of
this is happening. IBM is currently working with Firefox.

JR: If it gets into WCAG in an intelligent way, there could be some
techniques we could embark upon from there. That's one of the things I want
to talk about on this call, is how to move the techniques along.

Agenda:

1. Comments on draft - so far we have:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2005OctDec/0055.html

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-au/2005OctDec/0042.html

(Already addressed)

-EO has a batch that should be coming soon.

Judy has indicated

-BF says IBM comments coming soon.

I have some, do you want what I have or wait until all of them have been
collected.

Overall sense:

There appears to be some confusion of relative priorities. Perhaps our
explanation could be clearer.

Disagreement with our current priorities, since 2s should be 1s that sort of
thing.

Issues around language. Make terminology consistent with WCAG

Those are some of the general categories.

-other members have been encouraged to collect input from within their
organizations as well.

GP: Circulating about Adobe.

Note: when asking others for input, use most recent internal draft:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2005/WD-ATAG20-20051216/WD-ATAG20-20051216.html



2. Report on technique development

- JR and TB are working on this.

JR: Tim and Jan are taking a stab at this. Some are text oriented, some with
screenshots. Attempting to create a consistent format. Tim is detail
oriented, perhaps a long document. We need to include others, get something
else up soon.

GP: People would be in a better position to contribute if they could refer
to a framework they could comment upon.

AI:

JR will update the current techniques. Within the week expand the work back
into groupspace.

3. Publishing plans - heartbeat requirement means another publication is
probably needed before the end of March - most likely the Techniques.

JR: We have a requirement to publish every few months. Last time was
December was guidelines. We should publish techniques next.

4. F2F Ideas

-RS has proposed Venice

-TB has suggested NIST

JT: When were we thinking of scheduling the next one?

JR: At least the last week in April.

AI:

JR to Email rest of group, propose the possibility of Venice - April 24 - 29

AI:

Roberto to check meeting place availability that week.

JR: Tim has suggested NIST in DC as well.

JT: Let's post the list

JR: Next meeting 2 weeks from today will be March 6.

BF: That will also be the day final comments are due.

Action Items Summary:

JR will update the current techniques. Within the week expand the work back
into groupspace. JR to Email rest of group, propose the possibility of
Venice - April 24 - 29 RS to check meeting place availability that week.




Received on Saturday, 25 February 2006 19:59:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:39:53 UTC