Re: clarification and question

Tim Boland wrote:

> Just to be clear, my most recent email to the list was to comment on
> Jan's rewrite of Jutta's success criteria.  My earlier email was
> commenting directly on Jutta's success criteria.
> Sorry for any confusion.
>
> On another point, I'm wondering what is the motivation for voting on
> last call of ATAG2.0 by Nov 15?  It seems to me like we are making quite
> a few non-editorial (substantive) changes to ATAG2.0 now, and I would
> like adequate time to review the changes made in the context of the
> entire document before announcing last call.  I  think we should review
> the document one last time to make sure it's really what we want, even
> if it takes an extra week or two.

Feel free to review it next week, and to discuss it at the call on
Monday. We do not need to take a month waiting for people to come up
with comments. There comes a time, as I said in the f2f, where we say,
okay, we can live with this. Minor wordsmithing can continue after Last
Call. If we are generally happy with this document, it is time to move
it up the ladder.

> Does anybody else in the group feel "rushed"?    Is it possible to move
> the Nov15 date back by a week or two?   What do other members of the
> group think?  I apologize if there is something I'm not understanding..

If we don't publish by November 18th, then we don't have a draft we can
announce at the Advisory Committee on December 2nd. There is a
publishing moratorium after that which prevents us from moving to the
/TR portion of the site. The next opportunity to hit all of the W3C at
once is March, at the Tech Plenary. If we want a reasonable amount of
commentary in a short period of time (and we do), then we need to hit
the target that has been set.

-