Re: From the Italian translator who translated without being paid !!

Hello Paolo

Thank you for writing to report this.

I am sorry that this happened to you and glad that you found a way to
contact our volunteer translators community.

The W3C doesn't commission people to translate documents from English to
other languages. We rely on a community of volunteer translators who agree
with a few objectives and rules as described at and beyond:
   http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Translation/#intro

I can't quite endorse whether your analysis is true, but I am grateful
that you wrote, and again, sorry that you were used that way.

None of the work that was contributed by Christopher Demarinis has been
processed for lack of time and resource. That means that none of the
translations submitted were linked in our Translations database.

--
Coralie Mercier - Communications Team - Incubator Activity Lead
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR