Re: Moldavian translating

Accodring to Ethonologue.com
http://www.ethnologue.com/show_language.asp?code=ron
Moldavian is a dialect of Romanian

("Moldavian is in Moldova to the northeast, and Muntenian in Muntenia, or
Wallachia in the southeast, other dialects in the north and west, including
much of Transylvania")

According to Wikipedia,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moldovan_language

Moldavian is either a colloguquial dialect of Romanian spoken in the north
(Mioldova, Romania territories) or else the official name for the Romanian
language;

it is also known as Moldovan.

(According to Ethnologue and Wikipedia Moldavian might be either Romanian or
a dialect; you hopefully will  know which version of Moldavian you mean; do
you mean the language of all Romania, Transylvania, or do you mean the
dialect spoken in the north?)

Hope this answers your question!

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com

>Is it any difference between Moldavian and Romanian language?
>
>Regards
>
>Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org> wrote:
>On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 13:29:32 +0200, shelest dmitry
>wrote:
>
> > Hi my name is Shelest Dmitry and I am new here.
> >
> > I am translating now this document "Cascading Style Sheets"
> > url  "http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/"
> >
> > into Moldavian language.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Shelest Dmitry
> > http://www.omoldova.com/
>
>Dear Shelest Dmitry
>
>Welcome to the W3C volunteer translators list!
>
>You may translate the above document into Moldavian language, as others
>have translated this page previously, and as no Moldavian translation
>exists yet.
>
>As you're new, I'd like that you read carefully the advice and tips at
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-translators/2006JulSep/0047
>
>It is especially important that you comply with item number 2 of
>    http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620#translate
>
>Best regards,
>Coralie
>
>--
>Coralie Mercier      W3C Communications Team      mailto:coralie@w3.org
>               World Wide Web Consortium - http://www.w3.org
>ERCIM/W3C - N112 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06560 Sophia Antipolis - FR
>T:+33(0)492387590 F:+33(0)492387822  http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/

>Yahoo!         Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on         the web and
>bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

A place for moms to take a break!