Re: Translation to Spanish of the document "Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0"

Hi, I think the working-draft publication date needs to be on the
translation of the working-draft just like it needs to be on the actual
working-draft (the English version).  (It normally is included.)

Some note has to caution persons reading a draft to take note of the
document date maybe.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com

>On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 05:24:09 +0800, CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
>wrote:
>
> > Hi, this is not the first time that this issue has been brought up--and
>with
> > no response from the demi-gods who run the W3C.  I've brought it up at
>least
> > once and prior to that another translator brought it up.
>
>This issue comes up pretty regularly. I think that Coralie has done the
>right thing - note that the current policy doesn't allow working drafts to
>go into the translation database, and notify people who might be interested
>that the translation exists.
>
>But I think, for the very good reasons that have been outlined in this
>thread (and previous threads) that the policy of not noting working draft
>translations is a very bad one. The reasonng always offered is that a
>replacement draft might not be translated, so people using the translation
>will be workng from erroneous information. Although I wonder what kind of
>second-hand guesswork they will work from if there is just nothing.
>
>I really think it is time this policy was changed. As a member of the W3C
>advisory committee, I will raise this formally in that arena.
>
>cheers
>
>Chaals

Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.
  http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline