Re: Updated i18n article: Character encodings

Richard,

Have done a stab at updating the the Swedish translation of the
O-charset document
   http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset.en.html

Detected some weird or unexpected things in the source -- see below.
Some may have an impact on the translation, so any clarification will be
useful.

Regards,

/olle

section: "on this page"
-------------

! Minor mismatch with actual headings in text:
 "document character set"  vs "the document character set"
 "ensuring declarations work" vs "ensuring the declaration works"

section: "by the way"
-------------

"... although in reality they refer to the encodings, not the character
sets</p>"
! Missing period at end

section: "survey"
------------
? Should be kept as-is in English, right?

section: "further readings"
----------------
? should it really be "noprint"?

Bottom stuff
-------------
"For the history of document changes, search for <span
class="searchkey"><a
href="___http://www.w3.org/blog/International?s=article-o-charset&amp;sentence=s>
article-o-charset</a></span>"

!This is a strange href

---end---

Richard Ishida wrote:
> http://www.w3.org/International/O-charset
>

> Over the past 6 months for this article we have had an average of over 40 feedback ratings per month. Based on this feedback, substantial changes were made to the article so that it is more accessible to content authors, designers and people who are learning to use HTML or XML technologies. It was also positioned more clearly as a starting point and summary of information, rather than being all you need to know.
>
> Translators should consider retranslating the whole article.
>
> (Translations exist as follows:
> Japanese  石川 雅康 (Masayasu ISHIKAWA, W3C.)
> Portuguese (BR) Maurício Samy Silva
> Swedish  Olle Olsson, SICS
> )
>

> ============
> Richard Ishida
> Internationalization Lead
> W3C (World Wide Web Consortium)
>
> http://www.w3.org/People/Ishida/
> http://www.w3.org/International/
> http://people.w3.org/rishida/blog/
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/ishida/

Olle Olsson   olleo@sics.se   Tel: +46 8 633 15 19  Fax: +46 8 751 72 30
 [Svenska W3C-kontoret: olleo@w3.org]
SICS [Swedish Institute of Computer Science]
Box 1263
SE - 164 29 Kista
Sweden