Re: Proposal for a translation in french

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 01 May 2006 15:05:05 -0700
To: "Ivan Herman" <ivan@w3.org>, "sureau denis" <dgsureau@yahoo.com>
Cc: w3c-translators@w3.org, "Dean Jackson" <dean@w3.org>, "Robin Berjon" <robin.berjon@expway.fr>, "Anne van Kesteren" <annevk@opera.com>

[cc+ Anne van Kesteren (spec co-editor), Robin Berjon (Web API co-chair)]

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 07:15:05 -0700, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear Denis,
>
> thanks very much. I copy this mail to Dean Jackson, who is our team
> person in the area.
>
> Personally, I maintain the translation pages of W3C, which has the
> policy to include in its database (references to) translations of stable
> documents only, ie, in this case, recommendations. However, you may hit
> translation problems while doing it that might be worth signalling back
> to the Working Group (hence my copy to Dean).

Denis,

we plan to publish a new draft about 14 May, and we expect (hope) that
this will be close to a last call draft.

It will be similar to the current editors' draft (which is publicly
available at
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/webapi/XMLHttpRequest/publish/XMLHttpRequest.html
and is generally up to date with what the working group is doing).

If you can translate either the current editors' draft, or the next
published working draft very quickly, that would be helpful feedback. I
also hope that you can update the translation as the document progresses.

I look forward to your translation.

cordialement

Chaals
(Web API co-chair)