Re: conventions regarding presentation of terms in a translated glossary

Ivan Herman a écrit :
> To be honest: there is no rule afaik. Personally, I would prefer the
> original order, because it gives an easier way to get back to he
> original, and consequently authoritative version of the document.

I beg to disagree.  The goal of a translation is to provide access to a
spec to readers of the target language.  If a list of terms in the
original is alphabetized, it is to make it easily searchable for
readers, and the same convenience should be given to readers in the
target language.

I don't quite see what the point is of "to get back to he original".
Each translation necessarily contains a link to that, and it doesn't
seem that making the translation less useful (by not alphabetizing)
would improve access to the original in any way.

--
François