Re: Why request?

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 20:37:45 +0900
To: "Fotis Kouretas" <fkour@sport.gr>, <w3c-translators@w3.org>
Cc: reagle@w3.org
Please note:

According to the current Copyright FAQ
http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#translate

- For *specifications*, you do not have to ask for permission,
   but you have to notify us.
- For other documents, you need permission, because we have the
   copyright in these documents and because copyright law does
   not allow translation (which is a 'derivative work') without
   the permission of the copyright holder.

Obviously, 'XML in 10 points' is not a specification.

It seems that some more clarification of this in the copyright
FAQ may be necessary.

Regards,   Martin.