Re: Gujarati Translation-fonts

Hello Roomy,

At 00/12/13 05:00 -0800, Roomy Naqvy wrote:
>Dear Martin
>Thanks for your reply. If there is a standard version for Indic scripts
>that's the best thing to happen. Where can I find it? If that version
>doesn't work, then the Unicode idea is a good one. Though I am not too
>sure if it would work out well. The problem is to try different versions
>of various browsers.

See my other mail.

>Martin, I know that the World Wide Web Consortium is the biggest name when
>it comes to the Internet. So translating for your organization is a matter
>of great pleasure. It's like winning the Nobel Prize in Translation.
>[Without the financial reward, of course.]As long as one is recognised and
>appreciated, it's enough.
>
>Could I send you my resume in Word document format just to introduce
>myself better to you? I would be happy if any other translator/translators
>were to certify my work.

We don't have any kind of certification. Anybody can translate a specification,
and people who read it can judge the quality of the translation, and recommend
it to others (or not). That's the way the Web works :-).

>About hosting it, I would work out something. Possibly, buy a domain or
>something:)Temporarily, geocities can be used.

Another idea is to ask some other site, e.g. a site in India dealing
with Web standards, authoring,..., to host it. I can imagine there
should be sites that would be glad to do so. But it's of course your
choice.

>In any case, all the work is going to take some time. There are lots of
>pages and a number of words. Moreover, some of the terms used in English
>on the site may not always find cultural equivalents in the target
>language. So, I look ahead to a good experience.

Please take your time.

Regards,   Martin.