Re: German XML Translation - first Draft

At 19:08 98/03/26 +0100, Stefan Mintert wrote:

Hello Stefan,

>  > Above, you say "!!!here the W3C Address!!!". For the reasons I
>  > explained earlier about the impossibility to use anything like
>  > "original translation", the W3C currently (and most probably in
>  > the future) also doesn't plan to put translations on its web
>  > site. What we will indeed do, but what will still need a bit
>  > more of work in the case of XML, is that we will reference your
>  > translation.
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood this. And the translation example mentioned above
> (http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/translation-example.html) has a
> similar link:

I have checked with Joseph Reagle in the meantime. We don't currently
put any translations on our site. But we reserve the right to do so,
should we decide that we want to do it.

I also checked an additional point with Joseph: On your translation,
you don't mention that, in the same way as the original, can be
freely copied given that the copyright notices,... stay intact
(see http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice.html#Copyright,
point 2). As I have just checked, you do not have to disclose this,
so your web site is okay. But you have to acknowledge that to us,
preferably in the form indicated it the FAQ.

Regards,   Martin.

P.S.: I have also asked Jon Bosak to put a notice about your translation
      on the XML home page, because there is currently no page for XML
      translations, but already some links to translations on that page.