Re: XDB 0.3 available (XMLized Docbook 3.0)

James Clark wrote:

> I don't agree that these entities are illegal in XML.  Let's take an example:
>
> <!ENTITY % local.appendix.class "">
> <!ENTITY % appendix.class       "Appendix %local.appendix.class;">
> <!ELEMENT Article (ArtHeader, ToCchap?, LoT*, (%bookcomponent.content;),
>                 ((%nav.class;) | (%appendix.class;) | Ackno)*) >
>
> Parameter entity references in the replacement text of an internal parameter
> entity are recognized and replaced when the entity is declared.  Thus the
> replacement text of appendix.class will be "Appendix ", which makes your
> reference just fine.

That's fine by me. But what about :

<!ATTLIST Set

                FPI             CDATA           #IMPLIED
                %status.attrib;
                %common.attrib;
                %set.role.attrib;
                %local.set.attrib;

wheras :

<!ENTITY % local.set.attrib "">

%a should be S? a S?

okay, the production

[46]
       AttlistDecl ::= '<!ATTLIST' S %Name S? (%AttDef+)+ S? '>'

so in our case : (%AttDef+)+ is relevant. "" does not fire this rule
or does it ? (And it think it is good - from the point of a
parser generator - that it is not)

--
Best regards,
Norbert H. Mikula

= SGML, DSSSL, Intra- & Internet, AI, Java
= mailto:nmikula@edu.uni-klu.ac.at
= http://www.edu.uni-klu.ac.at/~nmikula