Re: XDB 0.3 available (XMLized Docbook 3.0)

At 17:21 03/05/97 -0700, Terry Allen wrote:

>Now available at
>
>   http://www.sonic.net/~tallen/xdb03.zip
>
>is a DTD derived from DocBook 3.0 that I believe is valid XML.  Thanks
>to Norbert Mikula for pointing out that the %local.foo.foo; parameter
>entities, which are defined with the content "", are illegal per
>XML-lang production 46.  The sole difference between XDB 0.3 and
>XDB 0.2 (which I've removed) is the deletion of these parameter
>entities and an updated copyright notice.

I don't agree that these entities are illegal in XML.  Let's take an example:

<!ENTITY % local.appendix.class "">
<!ENTITY % appendix.class	"Appendix %local.appendix.class;">
<!ELEMENT Article (ArtHeader, ToCchap?, LoT*, (%bookcomponent.content;),
		((%nav.class;) | (%appendix.class;) | Ackno)*) >

Parameter entity references in the replacement text of an internal parameter
entity are recognized and replaced when the entity is declared.  Thus the
replacement text of appendix.class will be "Appendix ", which makes your
reference just fine.

James