Re: call for agenda items for this weeks telecon (terminology)

On Fri, 2003-02-28 at 06:14, Graham Klyne wrote:
> At 10:04 PM 2/27/03 -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> >It's not exactly RFC2396's absolute URI plus optional fragment;
> >that doesn't include http://example/Andrȷ ,
> >which may be in the vocab of an RDF interpretation.
> >This non-ascii stuff is the bit that's too new to
> >import from any ratified spec.
> >cf. TAG issue IRIEverywhere-27, cited from concepts section
> >6.4 RDF URI References).
> -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Feb/0227.html
>

> Dan, I'm not understanding you here:
>
> As far as I can tell, "http://example/Andr&#567", or even
> "http://example/Andrȷ", *is* allowed by RFC2396, and consists of an
> absolute URI + fragment [**].
>
> I don't think that's what you meant,

No, I meant the unicode string you'd get after parsing
ȷ (or whatever the real number is) in an XML
attribute value specification.

i.e. the unicode string that this n-triples term encodes:

<http://example.org/#Andr\u00E9>

from test001
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2002Apr/att-0116/01-charmod-uri.htm

This stuff is a nightmare to discuss by us-ascii email.
1/2 ;-)